Count down to Marrakech!!!

With a little blurb on Facebook in the morning saying my friend Victoria has tagged me in her status update about our upcoming trip to Marrakesh, did I realize that today is April 23, whooping two days before Victoria hits London Town and three days before we land in Morocco!! It’s going to be extremely action-packed 6 days, walking around in meandering souks and trekking in sand dunes!

This very thought alone gives me shivers! You have no idea how psyched I am to be visiting Marrakech. I even read a book about Marrakech–Hideous Kinky by Esther Freud (she is a great-granddaughter of Sigmund Freud).

So far I have packed 4 T-shirts, 2 pairs of harem pants (I’m happy to travel to a place where not getting out of harem pants ever is perfectly justified!), one pair of jeans, 2 maxi dresses, one set of swimsuit, one pair of beach sandals, one pair of nude flats, a bunch of towels, one set of pajamas, one pair of Converse sneakers, 2 bottles of sunblock and one pair of sunglasses. I may also squeeze a black mini dress and a blazer for an outing at a casino but I’m afraid the dress will be too risqu� (it is a one-shoulder dress, not too tight but hits well above the knees). Or just forgo the said outfit altogether and stick to one of the long dresses.

I still haven’t finished packing but I’m pretty positive all of these can fit into a duffel bag but the bag will be so snag that it will not have much room for anything I end up buying there. So I’m contemplating moving my items into a suitcase instead to make room for souvenirs. But there is one problem: the suitcase is HUGE. When I’m standing up the suitcase hits a little below my hips (I’m 5 ft 4 in tall).

If anyone has been to Marrakech or anywhere else in Morocco, do you have any tips/advice on what to pack? Your help is greatly appreciated (:

Pictures will be posted on my Tumblr page (www.krazzykitty.tumblr.com).

Location: London, UK