And so it begins…

As I sit on the farmilarly wrinkled comforter of my bed I scan the walls of the room I have called home for the past four months. Every inch wallpapered with photos. Photos of my family and friends and an entire wall dedicated to pictures of places I plan to explore throughout my lifetime. From the Australian Opera House to the rolling hills of Ireland and the lost city of Machu Pitchu, I hope to see it all. 

Although I am currently 451 miles from the small town in which I was raised, I know this distance will seem miniscule compared to the 3,400 miles I will travel in just over a month’s time. I have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to travel outside of the United States multiple times throughout my youth, however I have never spent more than a week in the same country… so this should be interesting. In 41 days 23 hours and 13 minutes I will be on a plane to Seville, Spain. A place I will live for four months, in a country of which the native language I am not fluent. However, come May 15, 2012 I hope to speak like I belong. 
I chose to work to achieve a Spanish minor before solidifying my major and I fell in love with Spanish the first time I attended a before-school Spanish program in the fourth grade. 
In less than two weeks I will likely be sitting on my bedroom floor as my mom attempts to convince me I don’t need to pack that extra pair of boots and my dad constantly weighing my bag as to ensure I won’t exceed the airline’s weight limit. 
I’m adventurous, independent, and excited! I over-plan and over-analyze in most situations. According to a friend I am an oxymoron, an uptight laid back person. I am the youngest of three children, having grown up with two older brothers… and I’m Jaclyn.

Location: University Park, PA