Introduction !

Hello everyone! My name is Angela and I can’t wait to start sharing my thoughts and experiences as I travel to Seville, Spain in less than two months!

I am currently a junior studying at University Park and am majoring in finance and minoring in Spanish. I love State College but I am definitely ready for the hot summer sun in Seville! I have been planning to do study abroad since my freshman year of high school when my high school Spanish teacher encouraged all of us who were really serious about Spanish to study somewhere where it was spoken someday and to embrace the culture. She shared her stories of living in Spain with us and it inspired me to make that my goal. The fact that I am so close is almost surreal to me after these past 6 years of saying I was going to Spain someday.

A couple other things about me are that I love my friends and family and boyfriend very much. I don’t know what I would do without them and it will be tough for me to be gone for so long. However, I know that this will be one of the best experiences of my life and I’m more than ready to venture out on my own and to see the world. As for the little details like the fact that I love reading, I don’t particularly like capital letters, my favorite color is purple, and I have spent way too much money on caramel lattes in my life – I’m sure you will learn more of these types of things about me as my entries pile up.

What you need to know for now is I am excited and nervous all in one. I can’t wait to leave, but at the same time I can’t imagine leaving.. you know? Will it live up to all I have been imagining it would be for the past 6 years? Will my host family like me and if they do at first, will they hate me if I don’t like the food?! Will I be able to maintain my GPA while taking all my courses in Spanish and still be able to get everything I want as far as travel and other experiences go? I just don’t know.

Time will tell. :# Adios for now!

introduction#jpg

Location: Pollock Halls, University Park, PA