Quick Update

Everything has been a bit hectic lately. Traveling, essay writing, and classes are kicking my butt right now.

Two weekends ago I was in London.  It was a beautiful weekend.  Our hostel was amazing, and we met some pretty cool people.  My favorite part was the Harry Potter tour and the Duck Tour (seriously, if you haven’t ever done a Duck Tour, do it! Totally worth it). 
This past weekend I was in the Ring of Kerry, and again, the weather was incredible.  We went to some cliffs, the beach, learned how to play Gaelic football, etc.  I will do two separate posts for photographs, I just need to write this one essay first.  I leave for Sweden on Thursday, so I have to get this essay done by (hopefully) Tuesday night.  Then I have a project I need to start, as well.  Phew.  
Then it’s Sweden, final, Italy, final, final, final, week, home.
TIME IS SERIOUSLY FLYING.
Oh, and I also wanted to start some sort of list for words they use here:
1. Savage
2. Grand
3. Langers (drunk)
4. Thanks a million
5. Ending sentences with “like” — “I was at the gym, like.”
6. Cheers (thank you)
7. Alright, love. Thanks, love. LOVELOVELOVE.
8. Biscuit = cookie
9. Chips = fries
10. “Tree” = 3. (My conversation with an Irish guy went like this: “Say three.” “Tree.” “Okay, what is that tall thing growing out of the ground?” “A tree.” “Exactly.”)
I will add to the list later :]
Cheers, 
Melanie

Location: Limerick, Ireland

One thought on “Quick Update

1. NIMISHA THAKUR

Hey Melanie

Its great to see that you are having so much fun and enjoying every bit of your experience. I loved the list of words!

Cheers ( Thank you) I am learning too!