CzechMates Day 8: Saying Goodbye … for now

Day 8 came too early for some in the group 🙂

But after a quick breakfast and settling the bill at the pension, we packed up our stuff, bid Mrs. Sebinovska good-bye, and headed off to our respective destinations – they to the airport and me to the train station. As before, the travel was without any complications and I left the group with a hug and small lump in my throat as they boarded a bus to the airport.  While I was really glad to be getting back to my family and to be moving away from the daily hustle of leading the group around the country, I was also finally cognizant of what my colleague Anthony Olorunnisola had said at the beginning of my planning for this trip. Having led students to South Africa several years before, he pointed to a picture he had displayed in his office of the said travelers as we discussed all that was necessary to plan such a trip and said: “those students and that experience is for life – it will resonate well beyond the moments you live in them” – I couldn’t have had a stronger sense of what he was referring to. And I couldn’t have been happier or more glowing with that sense of accomplishment – in all senses of its meaning. I walked down to my train, took my seat, and as it pulled out of the station heading west to Krnov and my family, I began to think about the journey I myself had just taken in the previous week, and all that I had also learned from this trip as well as what it will all mean in the future for us all

Location: Prague