Easter in Paris, Part III

IMG_1240.jpgOn our final day in Paris, my friend and I had to visit the Eiffel Tower. Again, we woke up early to beat the lines, and again we found ourselves stuck in them. However, it was nothing compared to the lines when we came back down. My friend and I elected to take the stairs to the top, as the line was shorter, and we could stop to take pictures.
At the top, the skyline view was, once again, beautiful; however, it was strange to not see the Eiffel Tower. You know, since I was standing on it and everything.

My friend and I unfortunately didn’t go to the very top of the Eiffel Tower. We would have needed to buy a ticket to get up there, and there was a line for the ticket booth (which wasn’t even open at the time) followed by another line to actually take the elevator to the top. My friend and I decided looking at the top of it was good enough for us, so we went back down again.

At the bottom, we (naturally) took more pictures of the tower itself. I came to the conclusion that if I had ever studied in Paris, I would have been out on the Eiffel Tower lawn nearly every day the weather was nice.

IMG_1257.jpg
IMG_1263.jpg
After finally seeing enough of the Eiffel Tower, my friend and I walked over to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Elysees. The Arc was, of course, having construction done on it. The walk down the Champs-Elysees was beautiful, but what I found humorous was the line outside of none other than Abercrombie and Fitch. Not only did the store have gates before its entrance, but there were “bouncers” outside controlling how many people went into the store at a time. It was hilarious because, while there were store like Louis Vuitton and other designer names, everyone was waiting for Abercrombie and Fitch (????)
At the end of the Champs-Elysses, my friend and I decided to visit the famous Catacombs. After roaming the streets for nearly an hour, my friend and I finally stumbled upon the Catacombs, which were…closed. Unfortunately, my friend and I didn’t think that the Catacombs would be closed for Easter.

With the day nearing its end, my friend and I went back to our hostel. However, we still had one last thing to see. Our hostel was only a 10-minute walk from Moulin Rouge, so we decided to go. After eating some dinner on the lawn, my friend and I did some tourist-y shopping.
IMG_4594.jpg
To celebrate our last night in Paris, my friend and I visited the Bastille District, which probably the best place for a night out in Paris. We bought ourselves a couple of insanely overpriced drinks and enjoyed our last night together for quite awhile. It was a lovely ending to a fantastic weekend.

Overall, I loved Paris. I think that, even if I lived there, I would never be able to see everything. Although its metro wasn’t anywhere near as nice as the London Underground and its streets may be dirty, Paris has so much history; it’s hard not to fall in love. One weekend was most definitely not enough, and I hope one day I can return.

Until next time,

Emily .xx

Location: Paris, France