44 hours until departure…but who’s counting?

I wanted to get in one last pre-departure post as everything is getting closer. I am getting more and more excited as well as more nervous. I find myself googling about the University of Auckland and New Zealand multiple times a day in search of any important information there may be that I should, yet don’t, know yet.

Last night I had some friends over to say goodbye for the next few months. We watched the olympic trials together and I realized that watching the olympics abroad with students from all different countries is going to be a pretty cool experience in itself. I absolutely love the summer olympics and hope I can stil catch them despite time differences and classes being in session! Starting classes so soon (mid-July) is also boggling my mind–it seems like I just left Penn State for the summer.
Anyways, packing is a challenge as I expected. As someone infamous for overpacking, condensing a semester’s worth of needs and wants into a reasonable, meets-the-standards suitcase and carry on seems like mission impossible. Not to mention, my parents are moving out of our house four days after I leave, so I am also preoccupied with organizing, sorting, and packing up all of my other belongings. But here’s how it’s looking so far!
I got these air-tight bags from my sister…hopefully they help contain my overpacking. And, don’t be deceived, I have another load of laundry in the dryer yet.
The quick transition from summer here to winter there is going to be a bit awkward but hopefully I pack correctly for it! In checking the forecast, it looks like a lot of rain, but after my time so far in Happy Valley, I’m pretty sure it’s nothing I can’t handle. My rain boots may be taking up a lot of space, but they are definitely coming along for the trip. 
I am taking tomorrow to relax and enjoy my last day of summer as I continue to get together all my last-minute packing. Next time I post, I will be going it from New Zealand! 

Location: Auckland, NZ