THEY SPEAK ENGLISH!!

While I was in Paris, I took a day trip to London on the Eurorail to visit my friend who’s studying there. The Eurorail took about 3 hours (It should have been 2) because they found a stowaway on the train and we had to wait for the proper authorities to arrive. When I got to London the sun was shining bright and the skies were clear. I called my friend to let her know I was there and she asked me how the weather was outside. At this point I was burning up because I had dressed for rain and cold- the typical weather in London. As soon as I finished telling her how nice it was outside and how I wished I’d brought sunglasses, it started POURING! People always say how unpredictable the weather is in London, but I had no idea it was that fickle. 

1056.JPG
It was so refreshing to be able to speak English freely and have people understand me! Definitely a nice change from Italian and French haha!
I met up with my friend at Westminster and she took me to see Big Ben and the London Eye. Afterwards we went to and Indian restaurant because we were starving and craving Indian food. I learned that Chicken Tikka Masala (an Indian dish) is actually more popular in London than fish and chips like everyone thinks. 
London Eye

1071.JPG

Big Ben
1081.JPG
1070.JPG
1076.JPG
1088.JPG
I ended the day with some shopping around Oxford Circus before I had to get back to the station to catch my train back to Paris. London was definitely worth the trip!

Location: London, UK

One thought on “THEY SPEAK ENGLISH!!

1. REVA BAYLETS

I can absolutely understand what you mean about “they speak English here!” I don’t think many Americans understand just how difficult it is to be immersed in a place where everyone speaks a different language…