Homeward Bound

I’m heading back home tomorrow after nearly 6 months hanging out here in New Zealand. I have to say I am really excited to be going home. I can’t wait to see my family and friends. 

I had so much fun here and met so many great people. I know I’m going to miss all of them, all the Kiwis and the other foreign exchange students. Its been sad seeing them all leave one by one.It has just fermented that this is all coming to a close. 
Coming here, I learned so much about myself and what travelling alone really feels like. What its like to be in a foreign place with other people who just want to see the world. I formed a makeshift family here, life long friends and its been my reality for awhile. It just feels odd knowing that once I get on the plane this will just be a part of my past. 
All I can say is that this has been one heck of an experience and worth every moment. 

Location: Lincoln, New Zealand

One thought on “Homeward Bound

1. RAQUEL S PHILLIPS

Just got back home yesterday.. bittersweet feeling. I so happy to be home with my family & my boyfriend, but randomly I’ll really miss Rome or thin about what I’d be doing if I was there. Have a safe flight!