Full Circle

Tonight, I said goodbye to Ana. My sweetheart of a friend who drove all the way into Seville from her pueblo to say goodbye to me. It was hard, as this was my first goodbye. We exchanged emails and she told me of I were ever back, I’d always have a place to stay with her. I encouraged her to come visit in the US as I would love to show her my world as she’s shown me hers.
After we said goodbye, she headed off back home and I walked across the bridge into the center of the city.
It was nighttime and I was supposed to meet some friends in the Plaza de Espa�a. One thing we wanted to do before we started heading home was see this amazing place at night. I ended up not meeting anyone- but being on my own and being able to reflect in my own head was just what I needed.
As I stood there basking in the beautifulness that that Plaza has to offer I started tearing up. For the first time, I realized that I’m leaving. I’m going home. I was realizing that my experience was over- coming to an end. All I had work toward. All I was looking forward to. It has now come and gone. All I had done here in the past five months made me feel accomplished and proud. I felt so very blessed that this amazing dream came true and it was more than I could have ever imagined.
I did it! I came to another country, lived on another culture and made this wonderful city my HOME.
This was incredible. Everything coming full circle for me.
I remember the first time that my experience in Spain finally became real was when I was shocked by the beauty of the Plaza de Espa�a for the first time. This was the place that I was most excited to show Emily, Jessica and Dave. So many emotions lie in this one part of the city. I had an amazing picnic with my best fried. I laughed so hard while my sister and I tried to row the boat around the river. I was swept off my feet by the sweetest boyfriend in the world when he carved our initials under the bridge so I would always have that to look at as a reminder of his love. Here, on my last visit everything came together. These incredible 5 months of my life.  I was truly able to appreciate everything I have done and accomplished and all of the memories I’ve made and shared.
I know Seville will always be very special to me. I am so glad this is the city I chose to come to in Spain.

Location: Plaza de España, Sevilla