Un fin de semana de pueblo y playa

The title means “A weekend of town and beach.” Pueblos are the small towns on the outside of the cities in Spain.

Last weekend, I went and stayed with my host mom’s brother’s family in a pueblo outside of Seville. I had been to his house before and loved it. I met his 20 year old daughter a few moths ago. Her name is Ana and she invited me to stay over for the weekend.
It was a really cool weekend. I was able to stay with another Spanish family. This family has a completely different dynamic. There is a mom and a dad and to me they seem like an amazing couple. They have both a son and a daughter- 17 and 20 years old. It was nice to sit on the couch and be a part of their family and to eat meals with them.

During the days, Ana and I went to the beach with her friends. On Saturday we went with three of her close friends and then on Sunday we went with her one friend and her friend’s little 4 year old girl. Both days were a lot of fun.
On the way back to Ana’s house on Sunday we stopped in El Rocio to see a famous church.
elrocio.JPGOne of the best parts of the weekend was that I got to speak and hear only Spanish for three entire days. I also loved spending time with Ana, she is a sweetheart and we had a great weekend together. I hope that I have another opportunity to go back in my last month here.

Location: El Rocio, Seville