My sister comes to Sevilla!

I couldn’t believe it when I saw my sister walk through the doors of the Sevilla airport after claiming her baggage. I teared up because I was so happy she made it without a problem. We got on the bus to head into the city and we were laughing and joking all the way about the most random stuff. I missed my sister so much.
We got off the bus and we were in Spain! Together! I loved witnessing her see everything for the first time. The orange trees that I walk by everyday- I was once amazed by them, too. It helped me take a step back and realize this wasn’t always so comfortable to me. It took me back to before I knew my way around- before I could really call Seville my home.
We walked through the city, dragging her suitcases all the way to our hostel. She chose our hostel and she did a great job of it. We stayed in Triana, one of the oldest and prettiest parts of Sevilla. It’s also a very convienent location because it was close enough to my homestay, the university and all of the tourist attractions we were going to see.
After we checked in we went out in search of food. Jess was starving after all of her traveling so she knew she wanted something she was sure she would like. So….we went to McDonald’s. It was delicious (of course) but afterward we pledged not to eat at McDonald’s again for the rest of her trip.
Jess took a nap because she had some jet lag. I couldn’t sleep because I was too excited that she was finally in Seville with me. I couldn’t wait for her to wake up.
Eventually, she did wake up and we went to the river to sit at an outside bar and enjoy some sangria- Jess’s favorite.
The rest of the days in Seville we spent touring. We saw the Cathedral, Alcazar, and Bull fighting arena and museum. We even took a little row through the river in Plaza de Espa�a. Who knew we were so great with oars!?! (haha!)
During her time here, she was able to meet my host family. My host mom and sister took us out to coffee to get to know Jess. It was really nice and kind of crazy to have my two worlds meet.
Jess also came to a bunch of my classes with me during the week which was really nice.
Our time in Seville ended, however, on the same day as the General Strike throughout Spain. We were worried about getting the bus to the airport and then catching our plane. We were really lucky to catch an early bus to the airport and we didn’t have any problems getting to our next destination. It was a huge relief!

Location: Triana, Sevilla