My First days

My first days in Spain have been great! I have definitely been feeling the jet leg and that has taken some getting use to. The first thing I noticed that was different here is the bathrooms. They don’t use shower curtains, so there is just a glass covering that half way covers the shower. The Spanish are very resourceful because you don’t really need a full shower curtain. Also all the bathrooms I have seen have be’days, very Fancy! 

Madrid is a busy city so I have been taking the metro and walking everywhere! Hopefully I can loose a pound or ten! The city reminds me of New York in the sense that people don’t smile at you when you walk by, it seems like they’re mad, but once they run into someone they know they are happy and give each other “besitos”. Since we don’t start real class until the week after next I have been exploring different parts of the city with my roommate, Britta. Britta is an extremely nice girl from Michigan and she likes to dance and I like her! We live with an older Spanish woman who is very stern and straightforward. Yesterday, I took my first siesta, when I woke up from my three hour nap my Senora tells me the siesta is only supposed to last thirty minutes…WHOOPS!  
Today I did some window shopping and browsing to see how much I will potentially spend on clothes, shoes, and accessories. Everything is “rebajas” which means its on sale. There were boots for 15/20 Euros, dresses and shoes for 20 Euros..I was in LOVE! There is a store called Zara which is similar to H&M and they had amazing clothes! I’m not sure if they have my size shoe here and that is kind of making me nervous, but I will be sure to find out! 

Location: Madrid

One thought on “My First days