2 Weeks in Dublin!

I can not believe I have already been here for two weeks. I’ve just ended my first full week of classes and they are AMAZING. They all focus on different aspects of the Irish culture and history of Ireland. I am focusing on Peace and Conflict Studies between Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland. These classes are absolutely fascinating. 

Yesterday, our professor took us on a two hour walking tour of Dublin. We saw the back-roads and hidden communities and learned about what it means to live in a city. The classes here are not typical classes that you would take at an American University. Another class involves guest speakers coming in and talking about the ‘Troubled Times,’ every week. The things I am learning here are far beyond what I would have ever expected.
When classes are over for the day, most of us end up at one of the local pubs for a pint and a bite to eat. We have tried to engage as much as we can with the locals! Make sure you do this if you are planning on coming abroad! They will tell you where to go and what to stay away from! The nightlife here is amazing. After leaving the pubs, walking down the main street, people play live music everywhere.
Last week three friends of of mine from the program and I went to the Guinness Factory! That was really, really interesting. We got to learn about the history of Guinness, were certified on pouring ‘the Perfect Pint of Guinness,’ – which is actually a lot harder than it looks and made it to the gravity bar up top which is a big glass room with 360 views of Dublin.
I’m starting to learn the ins and outs of Dublin and I’m learning how to get around. It’s exciting that I’m able to call Dublin my home!
Things are starting to get really exciting. We have trips planned to Wales, Scotland, Sweden and Galway in the nest coming weeks! I’ll be sure to post pictures once I figure out how to charge my camera here!
Sl�inte!

Location: Dublin 2, Ireland