As I Prepare…

This was me when I found out that this trip was becoming a reality…I hope someone out there can appreciate my SNL reference.
GIFSoup

As I get everything in place to leave for my new home, I wanted to take a second to set some goals for this blogging experience.  I have never done anything like this before, so, bear with me!

First of all, I want to use this blog to keep my friends and family up to date on what I’m doing.  As you can imagine, having their little girl flown off to Africa must be a little unnerving to my parents.  It’s been my dream ever since I first discovered the television remote and landed on Animal Planet.  All the shows showing the sights and sounds of Kenya and Tanzania (where I am going) really captured my heart.

Secondly, I would like to use this blog to try and share my experiences as best as possible.  I am extremely fortunate to get to go on this adventure, so I would like to give back as much as I can.  By trying to make connections and discoveries, I would like this blog to serve as a second-hand adventure to those who may never have the opportunity to visit.

Lastly, I would like to use this blog to reflect on my own experiences in Africa.  Taking the time to write down what I am learning will be very beneficial to me in learning lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.  I have almost two months until I leave, and I already have ants in my pants I’m so excited! 

I know the culture I’m going into is going to be very different than what I am used to, but I have always had an open mind.  If Buddy the Elf can adapt to NYC from the North Pole, I can adapt too.
elf-25.jpg
I will post later once I start the fiasco of packing.  I also plan on using many more pictures and videos once I get a camera (Christmas presents!!).  

Location: State College, PA 16801