Introducing…Kimberly Lytle

Merhaba! 

I am not going to bore you with the dull stuff so I will keep it short and sweet.  My husband and I currently live in Atlanta, Georgia.  This is my senior year at Penn State WorldCampus.  What an amazing way to finish this chapter of my undergraduate studies which would help carve a new path for me in international affairs as I pursue my law and graduate studies at Penn State next year as well as help get me closer and closer to my dream career as a Foreign Service Officer at the Department of State. 

The country I will be studying in for almost a year is Turkey (Istanbul).  So many people have asked me why did I choose Turkey and my reply has always been “why not Turkey”.  I have no expectations for this adventure.  I only plan to open my heart and let Turkey take me where I need go.  I know it sounds a little stupid but it works for me.  Sometimes no plan is the best plan while on the road of discovery.  I want to learn as much as possible about myself, the culture, the history, and its people by actively getting involved with the community through volunteering, socializing, traveling, and sightseeing.  The opportunities are endless and I plan to just dive in even if I belly flop or fall on my face.

Pre-Departure for Geoblog 001.jpg

I hope everyone has a great time and I look forward to reading your posts and sharing my adventures and what I have learned with you all very soon.

Kimberly

Location: Atlanta, Georgia 30350

One thought on “Introducing…Kimberly Lytle

1. Steffany McDougal

I think having no plan leaves less room for disappointment! I’m in Japan and I have planned and researched for it for so long that I might have too many expectations, but your attitude seems best. Take everything as it comes and good luck!