Getting Ready to Go!

My summer is finally coming to an end…I finished my internship two weeks ago, moved out of my apartment in King of Prussia and State College, said goodbye to my friends and family, and figured I should probably get ready for my upcoming semester in Spain.  By that point, I only had 5 days left to do pretty much all of my preparation – an amount of time my mom claimed was not nearly enough.  Now with only 29.5 hours remaining until my flight out of Philly, I’d say I’m about 80% ready.  I’ve got just about all of my stuff laid out in my room (which is a complete disaster) and I’ve gotta somehow fit it all into one suitcase and one backpack (and hopefully the suitcase is < 50 lbs and backpack < 22 lbs) – time to pull off a miracle. 

At this point I’m getting kind of nervous – I’m attempting some last-minute brushing up on my Spanish, hoping that I can pick it up quickly enough once I’m there.  It’s also just dawning on me that I’ll be leaving just about everything I know behind for a 4 month adventure – something that excites me 60% and scares me 40%.  That being said, I can’t wait to meet everyone in CIEE’s Liberal Arts Program in Alicante, Spain and to share what I’m sure will be some of the best experiences of my life with them. 

�Aqu� vengo, Espa�a!

Location: Mountain Top, PA