One door closes, another opens

I can’t believe that I am starting to pack up all of my things and head to Kenya. I’m halfway home! But that also means, I’m leaving Tanzania, maybe forever. I really hope I come back here someday but you can never really know about things like that. I have fallen in love with the land, the plants, the animals and especially the people. Everyone here is extremely welcoming and is truly interesting in learning from us and just getting to know us. There are two completely different staffs so none of the friends we’ve made here (besides the students of course) are coming with us to Kenya. I know Kenya will be a new and unique experience and I’m so excited to meet new people but I will also sorely miss those we leave behind. I know I will never forget the experiences I’ve had, the things I’ve seen and the people I’ve met here in Tanzania. The 6 hour drive to Kenya on Thursday will feel like leaving home but also finding a new one. When one door closes, another door opens. I can’t wait to see what’s behind it!

ninakupenda sana Tanzania

Location: Rhotia, Tanzania