Midterms are next week. Wanna go to Spain?

So… it has been awhile and I last left you with my trip to Strasbourg and a lot has happened since then.

The next weekend, aka the weekend before midterms, my roommate Dayna and I went to Seville, Spain to visit her friend from Lehigh. We left Friday morning and took the metro to the bus that takes you to Beauvais.. the really nice airport in Paris. Of course we flew Ryan Air and of course I love Ryan Air so much so it obviously went smoothly. We got through security smoothly and boarded our plane to Seville.

We landed in Seville around 2 o’clock and got to a cab. This is about when me and Dayna came to the realization that neither of us knew and Spanish other the Hola and Gracias. So Dayna handed her blackberry to the cab driver so he could read the address of our hostel. We stayed at the backpacker’s hotel near the Cathedral (because every city in Europe has one) and because it was near Dayna’s friends host family’s house. I would describe it as cozy.cozy.JPG

We then met up with two of Dayna’s friends on studying in Seville and cathedral.JPGthe other visiting from Madrid. This gave us our very own personal tour guide. The first place we walked by was, of course, the Cathedral. Then we went over to the Plaza de Espagne which was absolutely gorgeous and there was a wedding going on.

plaza.JPG

bride.JPG

plaza 2.JPG

Then since the sun was setting we headed over to walk along the river (also a common theme in European cities) Dayna and I were starving so before dinner we went to a churros stand.

river.JPGFor dinner we asked our hostel where to go for good tapas and he gave us a really authentic Spanish restaurant so authentic no one spoke English and me and Dayna were on our own since her other two friends had reservations with their parents for their last night in Seville. We didn’t realize how much cheaper things were in Spain so for size portions we went by price. We were sooooo wrong and we ordered way too much food, but now we know why the waiters were looking at us funny. I got an antelope burger, fries with bravo sauce, and roasted peppers and onions. But note to self Spain is way cheaper than Paris.

Thpalace.JPGe next morning we woke up crazy early and got our free breakfast from out hostel, toast with jam and butter. Then we headed over to meet Dayna’s friend and tour the old castle of the Kings and it was huge and gorgeous and there were peacocks.

palace 2.JPG

palace 3.JPG

palace 4.JPG

peacock.JPG

What was really cool about this castle was that Dayna’s friends host home was in the wall of it. Something to do with her host mom’s grandfather worked on the renovations for it when it first became a historical landmark so he got to live there and now they just pass it down through the generations. That was cool too. We got to go up on the roof which apparently usually gets the cops called because they see people onto of the castle but lucky for us they didn’t show up.

roof.JPGThen we went shopping. And I bought an amazing pair of red shoes. And we went to sit on a little floating caf� on the water and drank Tinto’s which is what the Spanish people drink. It is the same as Sangria but not touristy.

For dinner we went to the nicest restaurant in Seville and spent a total of 50 euro between the three of us for 2 course dinners and a bottle of wine. Definitely much cheaper than Paris.

The next morning we had to wake up at 7 am to make it to our flight to get home and of course no trip would be complete without me having an issue with Ryan Air. We waited in a 45 min long line to check in only to find out that this line was only for people with checked baggage and if all you need was a passport check point you waited in this other line that had maybe 3 people in it. However, there were no signs and even if there had been they probably wouldn’t have been in English so it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. But we made it home in the end. Just in time to take midterms! Which were horrible I want my PSU scantron tests with multiple choice, all essays all the time here.imaine.JPG

palace 5.JPG

Location: Seville, Spain