Where is Class this week?

At the Louvre and Les Invalides of course.

pyramid.JPGinvalides.JPG 

On Wednesday for Art and Architecture we went to the Louvre for class to look at what remains of the original one. The one that is there today was actually the second Louvre. The first was built outside the city as a protective castle.OG Louvre.JPG In part of the Louvre there is what remains. There are some of the walls and the dungeon. The dungeon however was not used to keep prisoners but to keep books and expensive artifacts. We also learned that people signed the bricks they built with their own symbol (heart,cross,etc)Heart.JPGr and were then paid based on how many bricks had there symbol at the end of each day. We also saw the Tour de Jean sans Peur. It is just what is left of the Hotel (mansion) from the Kings cousin.

For French Politics and Society we went to Les Invalides this morning. It was originally a hospital for wounded soldiers but is now the museum of the army. We toured the section of the museum for WWI, WWII, and Charles de Gaulle. We also got to see the tomb of Napoleon.

invalides 2.JPGNapoleons Tomb.JPG 

And The Sun was out Today!

In other school news my economics and governance class has been cancelled all week because my teacher lost his voice.

Side Note: A lot of people here don’t really like to just wander around on their own and site see. Today after our trip to Les Invalides I wandered around the area with a ham and cheese baguette and looked around. I found a really pretty church and a very residential neighborhood of Paris.

church.JPGresidential.JPGAlso, France just got a lot easier. I got my box of Kraft Mac’n’cheese, Ranch Dressing, and Taco Kit from my mom. There are just some things that a college student can’t live without.

Location: Paris, France