Interesting/Entertaining Weekly Notes and Tips

Interesting notes of the week:

• Both wine and beer are served in the cafeteria at my school.
  • I know that I will never be shopping anywhere near the “Golden Sqaure” (Armani, Gucci, Chanel, Versace, Prada) I draw the line when you have to make an appointment to just get in the store!
  • The historic district of Milan (with the famous Duomo) is beautiful and has just about every type of shop you can possibly want in the surrounding area.
  • Ordering coffee in Italy does not entail receiving a large cup of brewed coffee and adding cream and sugar. Instead ordering “cafe” means receiving an overpriced miniature tea cup of  espresso.
  • Just sitting in a cab costs 6.20 euro!
  • Saw AC Milan Superstar Alexandre Pato!
  • Heard techno remixes of both “Wonderwall” by Oasis and “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond.

For your entertainment:

Since our apartment initially had no water pressure, our landlord came to fix the pipes on Wednesday evening. As my roommates and I were sitting in my room discussing what to do for dinner, we heard cries of “Help me! Help me!” coming from the bathroom. We walk out of the room to find water gushing out of the shower faucet and the landlord (dressed in a button-down shirt, a nice sweater, and slacks) drenched in water. As water is literally flooding our apartment, he grabs the dustpan and starts shoveling water into the shower. All the while we are standing there laughing while he is battling the shower. Finally, it dawns on him to shut off the water before trying to get rid of the water on the floor. Once we finally get the water dried up, we offer the guy dry clothes and a towel. He refuses, grabs his briefcase and leaves are apartment drenched in water. You could hear his shoes squishing the entire way down the stairs. Oh and we still have no hot water in our apartment!

Location: Milan, Italy

3 thoughts on “Interesting/Entertaining Weekly Notes and Tips

1. Anonymous

Yeah, I was little surprised about that one as well ha.

Not going to lie, it was probably even funnier seeing it in person.

So, I haven’t talked to you or seen you in a long time. What are you up to? How’s PSU? I saw you are dancing for THON again.

2. Steph

Interesting random facts! I can’t believe you have to make an appointment just to enter those stores! I understand they’re the “it” stores in fashion, but really?

On a side note, I have to say I laughed a bit reading that story. Funny memories are being made!

Sounds like you’re having a great time =]