Heelllllllllooooooo

Here we go!  My inaugural penn state geoblog post!  Coming to you from 134 Cedar Building computer lab, State College, Pennsylvania.  Lets see, we’ll start with a quick bio.  My name is Dylan Schubert, I’m a junior at Penn State’s Smeal College of Business.  As of now I’m on track to graduate in May 2012 with a BS in Marketing, and hopefully minors in both International Business & Psychology.  Andddd, if you don’t know I will be spending the next few months of my life blogging to anyone bored enough to read from Amsterdam, Netherlands.  My spring semester at the Universiteit van Amsterdam begins January 26th, and the next 50 days can’t go by fast enough.  I will be spending the upcoming week and a half here in State College finishing up my Fall semester classes and acing my finals (with some luck).  Then I will spend the remainder of my pre-departure time at home with my family (in Reading, Pennsylvania) celebrating the holidays and preparing for my trip.

A few hours ago I completed some forms bringing me closer to officially scheduling my classes at UvA (Universiteit van Amsterdam), and once I find out my official schedule (which apparently may not be until late January) I will be sure to post it to my brand new blog!   I anticipate completing another entry in a few weeks when I get closer to my departure date with some insight into how packing and preparations are coming along.  And once I arrive in the beautiful Dutch capital of Amsterdam prepare to be bombarded with pictures, videos, and some quality cultural insight from yours truly!  Until then I’ll take my first stab at some Dutch. 

Doei!,
Dylan Schubert

Location: State College, Pennsylvania