Asakusa Tour!

It has been quite an eventful week! Thank goodness I didn’t get TOO lost. The train system was easier than I thought, although I did get confused here and there. This week I went to the arcade A LOT! And I gotta say, it definitely is worth going. They have so many games to play and they even have a Gundam simulator game! I wish I had taken a picture of it, but I didn’t get a chance…yet! I will upload a picture of it as soon as I can!

Anyway, other than games, we had tours of the two campuses. We also took our placement exams and I got placed into the second level of Japanese. And I had an interview for a Field Placement! I will start “working” this Wednesday and every Wednesday after that. It is only once a week but I am looking forward to it! It seems promising because it’s related to my major and the president of the company (Avtel) told me that they’ll  be giving me a project to do throughout the semester and I get to bring the final copy with me! This is definitely good resume material! So I’m happy for that.
On Saturday I went to Akihabara with some friends. We got a bit lost while walking around but we ended up finding the place we wanted to go. I later realized that we should have planned ahead or maybe even bring a Japanese epal to help us navigate around Akihabara!
Finally, today we took a tour of Asakusa! Best thing yet! There were a LOT of foreigners there an it was packed! They had a bunch of shops and snacks around! It was great. Then after that we took a waterboat ride to our lunch destination. I can’t remember the names of things, sorry about that!
Asakusa!
This is the boat we went on:
And now, one of my favorite part: the food!
No need for explanations. The picture says it all! Oishii!
After that, we went to see Sumo Wrestling!!! Oh my goodness, it was pretty intense! Most of the matches were short (maybe 20-60 seconds.) But there was one match that lasted maybe 5 minutes!
Sumo wrestlers getting ready to duke it out!
That’s all for now!

Location: Chiba, Japan

2 thoughts on “Asakusa Tour!

1. Jackie

Hey 🙂 I’ve been around there, trying to navigate the subway with VERY limited Japanese. And I also was surprised by how simple it was. I wish you continued safe and easy travel!

What sort of project will you be doing at your “work”?