First Week in Japan!

It’s been about 4 days since my arrival. It’s been a very tiring and long 4 days. It might be the jetlag.The first thing that I noticed was that it is HOT here. I really hope it cools down soon!

On the first night, the epals showed us around and we went to eat dinner at a restaurant called Coco’s Restaurant. I ordered Curry Rice, and it was pretty good! A little expensive, but good nonetheless! The epals were really nice about helping us and it made things a lot easier. After that, we went to a place called Sega Club, which was full of games. We ended up doing purikura which is like a photo booth but a lot fancier. It was really fun! It was getting late after that so most of us went back to Hotel Spring and called it a day.
One thing that surprised me that day was the hotel room, especially the bathroom! The room is small and I could not find a way to turn on the lights. I also struggled with how the bathroom works! I eventually figured it out, but it was still quite an adventure. 
The second day was the first day of orientation. It was filled with information sessions but we eventually had time to do our own things. I think we were able to get a phone that day as well.
Alright lets move on to Friday before I bore you with more words. Friday was the day I met my host mother! I was so scared and nervous like many others! We were communicating with some Japanese here and some English there. We were (somehow) able to understand each other (for the most part.) She took me home by train (which was VERY confusing. I’m bound to get lost some time in the future.) And she made me dinner. She asked me a few questions about my family and I was able to answer…most of her questions. I felt a bit home sick that night. Today, one of the sons came over with his wife and daughter. I felt a little bit at ease after that because he was able to communicate in English with me and I kind of stopped feeling so lonely and uneasy…somehow. They are really nice people. Hopefully, I will fully adjust and feel more at home.
I shall end this entry with a picture.
japan.jpg

Location: Chiba, Japan