Home, Sweet Home

Well, I have been home for about a week now and it is crazy how hard it was to re-adjust to life in the US. I thought it was going to be easy coming back and picking back up right where I left off–buuuut, no. It was hard to adjust to my real family’s eating schedule. When my dad would sit down for lunch at 11:30am and ask me if I wanted to join him, I was no where near hungry because we never ate lunch until 4pm in Mexico. It was extremely hot here in Lancaster, PA when I got home as well. And it wasn’t just hot, it was humid as well and we have no air conditioning–so that was fairly similar to Mexico. It was tiring but cool to see everyone and everyone wanted to know all about my experiences and see all my pictures. I could not help telling them all how it was such a great experience and about everything that I learned. Because traveling abroad and studying in Mexico was a chance of a lifetime for me and something I am so glad that I took advantage of. I met so many new people and had the opportunity to see how another culture lives and breathes and functions outside the US. It was amazing and I miss my host family so much and the other students that I met there and the relaxing life that the people of Guanajuato led.

Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania