In for an exciting summer

Hey everyone!

My name is Abby and I am just finishing up my third year in Penn State’s Landscape Architecture program.Time is flying by and I will be studying the landscape of Tanzania in less than a month! This will be my first experience away from the North American continent, but I think will be a awesome experience for me. I have finally received the flight information today and 13 hours on a plane is sounding like it may be a little difficult–lots of movies? I guess I will consider it time to relax from the rush of the end of the semester and getting ready for the trip.

I know most of the crew I am going with pretty well– most of them fellow LArchies. It will be good to spend some time with them seeing that I will be off to Rome in the fall with half of our class, and they will be there in the spring. It will be weird to not see them for an entire year when we spend a lot of everyday together now (work, live, play..one big semi-dysfunctional, but happy family 🙂 love you all). However, I am also excited to get to start new friendships with the rest of the group and know we will all get the experience of a lifetime out of this. I am also anxious to compare my experience in Tanzania to that in Rome– to wayyy different types of culture shock to come as well as many many photos (I will try and restrain myself).

Until next time,
Abby

Location: State College, PA

One thought on “In for an exciting summer

1. RACHEL E HELWIG

Hi, Abbie. I’m excited to hear your comparisons of Tanzania to Italy, as well. As the EA Adviser for both programs, you’ll definitely have to share your experiences with me. I think there will be a lot of differences (A LOT), but maybe more similarities than you realize. Have fun, and definitely post photos!