Bunkers y La Familia

I have come to the realization that saving money while on this trip is just impossible. Last week was just like any other week; I went to class all week. I had exams all last week and so going out or on a trip was not convenient. However, this weekend I had the chance to go to Barcelona.

I left to Barcelona using a Blablacar around midnight on Thursday. I have to confess I was a bit scared going into a car with three random strangers, but it turns out they were super nice. I got to Barcelona around two in the morning with hopes of going out and experiencing some of the Barcelona nightlife everyone talks about. To my luck, we didn’t make it to anywhere. During the day I visited La Sagrada Familia, which was definitely worth the fifteen euros one has to pay to get in. I also learned that construction should be finished in about ten years. (over 130 years in construction). I also had the chance to go to Bunkers El Carmel, which is basically a leftover bunker from the Spanish Civil War. This bunker sits at the top of a hill and overlooks all of Barcelona. It was quite a hike getting up there, but the view was absolutely worth it.

1918430_1311561492204422_3519673757635904310_n

Sagrada Familia…and some Starbucks with my misspelled name.

At night we went to a famous bar and had a few drinks before venturing into the nightlife of the city. I think that Barcelona is the equivalent to New York; it’s another city that doesn’t sleep! I would definitely love to visit this city again in the near future.

Location: Barcelona, Spain