To New Horizons

My name is Emeling Navas and I am majoring in journalism with a minor in political science. At this moment I am in Sao Paulo before making a connection to Buenos Aires early in the morning. I am excited and anxious, awaiting one of the greatest adventures of my life.

I am from Miami, Florida a vibrant city full of Latinos and people from all around the world. In these past couple of weeks since winter break and my arrival to Miami many of my friends and relatives have been asking me why I chose Argentina. I chose Argentina mostly on a whim, I know I wanted to study abroad but Europe realistically speaking is very expensive. The choice was between a country in Africa or Latin America, and I chose Latin America because I speak Spanish and wanted to improve my writing skills in the language. Also Buenos Aires is called the “Paris of Latin America”, so if I couldn’t go to Paris, France then I would at least go to its twin city.

In this blog I plan to inform you about the typical life of a student on a budget. I know that often times students put off studying abroad and traveling because it’s expensive, but I want to demonstrate that it can be done. I will also blog about the politics, culture, and lifestyle of Argentines.

Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil