Just a Sète Week…

First things first; France is awesome! I have to say I am really getting the hang of living in France. Whether it’s eating a baguette with cheese and coffee for breakfast, using public transportation to go everywhere, or even traveling, I am definitely very happy with the trip so far.

This week was the first week of classes. It was actually really similar to “Syllabus Week” since what we mostly did was go over syllabi and introduce ourselves. My schedule consists of 5 classes: grammar, methodology, French conversation, Contemporary civilization, and writing. I actually do not have class on Wednesdays and Fridays, which gives me a bunch of free time.

Yesterday (Friday), I decided to go on an adventure to a neighboring town called Sète. This town has a decent-sized port and is very mountainous. I went with 7 other students in the program (making friends has actually turned out to be pretty easy since everyone is on the same boat). I took tons of pictures and videos that I will display below:IMG_6718

I am currently scrambling to catch up on all of my homework for next week. I am also trying to plan a weekend get-a-way to Rome in the next few weeks. What I think is absolutely fantastic is the fact that traveling in Europe is so cheap. I found tickets to Rome for about 30 Euros, which is not too bad. Traveling is definitely something I look forward to doing in the next four months that I will be spending here.

À la prochaine!

Location: Sète, France

One thought on “Just a Sète Week…