Traveling the World: the perspective of a novice traveler

Well I suppose you can say that I saved this post until the last minute, being that I am currently waiting to board my flight into Charles-de-Gaulle International Airport, sitting in a less than average airport seat surrounded by strangers from different lands. I am currently about to board my flight, set to depart at midnight, with my best friend and roommate who is also participating in the same study abroad program as me. Overall, I am a generally nervous person when it comes to doing new things, but I find that generally when I encounter and follow through with a new experience I experience an unparalleled amount of growth.

I wanted to do one thing before graduating: study abroad. And now, finally after a year of planning I am finally fulfilling my goal. I can’t tell if the churning in my stomach is nervousness, excitement, or the last meal of real New York style pizza I had before I left my home and family in central Jersey. All I can really say now is that the next few weeks that lie ahead of me will probably be the best weeks of my life. And I really hope I don’t let myself down. I apologize for the short blog, my flight is now boarding. The next time I post I will be in Paris, France. A bientot!