THROUGH THE STREETS OF TRIANA

My friend Alex and I went on our first run through a bit of the city! There are basically 7 zones of Sevilla, and we live in a barrio or neighborhood called Los Remedios. During our run, we ran riverside as well as though a bit of the neighboring barrio Triana.Running through the streets was literally like a scene out of a movie- it was so beautiful. The streets everywhere are lined with orange trees, the painted walls with balconies above the little cafés lining the street – it’s the quintessential picture of Europe.

IMG_6090 IMG_6113

But fair warning! Sevilla is famous for it’s bitter oranges, which are those lining the streets. My host mom tells me, however, that you can’t eat these oranges because they’re not sweet; instead they are used to make marmalade. Our home is filled with shelves of oranges (which the two of us eat as dessert) from a friend’s farm, a testament to the beautiful weather of Andalucía.

Saturday morning Rebecca and I also went exploring the indoor market in Triana. We had a blast exploring the vegetable, fish, meat, and best of all, the dessert tiendas(shops). I definitely plan to come visit here more often, as well as explore the other markets of Sevilla!