Impetus

My first post of a new adventure. My name is Jacob Biddle. I’m 19 years old and have lived my entire life in northeastern United States. But now I am sitting in one of the largest internation airports awaiting my flight to Spain.

It’s been 2 years since I first set my sights on traveling to Spain and I’ve never been more excited. For me, the desire to travel was inspired through a unique lesson by an incredible teacher in my high school Spanish class. Señor Wolfe was his name but we just called him Señor. He the craziest teacher around but he wasn’t out of his mind, he was in love with his job. Señor loved teaching his Spanish classes and it was undeniable, nobody was immune to his infectious excitement. He helped me not only fall in love with the language but also inspired me to travel to spain.

There was one lesson in particular that everyone loved. The trip to Spain. We didn’t actually travel to Spain of course, no public school could afford that but to us, it sure felt like we did. Señor let us relive his own trip to Spain and he didn’t leave out a single detail. From boarding passes to bus tickets and geography to architecture, he covered it all. We learned about some of the most historic monuments and palaces and saw beautiful pictures of them all, pictures that our very own teacher took. The more I learned about this foreign culture and all of its history, the more engrossed I became. With my boarding call about to be made I can’t help but reflect on how much one man could influence the direction of my life.

See you in Spain

One thought on “Impetus

1. Maya J

Hi Jacob, I actually had a German teacher in high school who did the same for me. He loved Germany and loved teaching it even more. He brought pictures from his travels and videos. I emailed him a month before I left too telling him I was studying abroad and asking for recommendations. Found out he’ll be here in June so hopefully I’ll have a chance to see him!