Ready. Set. Let go…!

Off to B.A. copy.pdf

I’m sitting in an international airport alone, waiting to get on a flight that will take me to another CONTINENT. Wow. That’s pretty incredible.

This trip is two years in the making, and it’s finally here. I’m about to study in another country, live with two strangers, and intern for a foreign company. …Sorry if I’m sounding redundant… I just can’t wrap my head around it.

Somehow, I managed to pack my life into two suitcases…overweight though they may be. Now that I’ve handed them over, I finally have some time to reflect on how I ended up here.

Coming to college, I didn’t know what I wanted to major in or even what student org.s I wanted to join. The only thing about which I was adamant was studying abroad. 

I’ve always seemed to have an affinity for other cultures. Just take a look at the beautiful rainbow that comprises my friend circle, and you’ll know exactly what I mean. I’m passionate about connecting with others, and I think the fundamental way to do so is to speak the same language and experience their culture. 

I’ve been studying Spanish since 8th grade, so this journey is a leap toward my middle school goal of fluency and understanding. While my language skills are a bit rusty, my determination is stronger than ever. 

For a delayed introduction…I’m a rising Junior double majoring in Marketing and Broadcast Journalism with minors in Spanish and International Business. I’ll be participating in the Advanced Spanish Immersion program in the hope of honing my Spanish-speaking skills. When I’m not dreaming about adventures around the world, I’m either singing, acting, or… planning. I’m kind of a control freak, so this trip is completely out of my comfort zone!

I don’t know exactly what classes I’ll be taking or even when I’ll be returning to the states, but I’m actually excited by that. For once in my life, I’m ready to relinquish control. 

So, without further adieu, it’s time to say:

Ready. Set. Let go…!

Location: Dallas/Fort Worth Airport