Paris, je t’aime <3

Bonjour mes amis!

Paris, the city of love, romance, and currently pollution! Thankfully I missed the bulk of it during my trip and I got to enjoy amazing weather. Beaucoup de soleil toute la semaine! Sun sun sun!

This was my second time visiting Paris so I had already seen the main touristy spots. I had to go again though just to make sure nothing had changed. First things first eiffel tower and all it’s glory. The line was too long to go up to the top so we saved it for another day. Then off to le Louvre. Mona Lisa was still there hanging out or as the French say la Joconde. After touring the museum for a bout three hours and only visiting maybe 1/10 of it we needed to make time for the one and only Starbucks. One of my favorite things Paris has to offer considering there aren’t any in Montpellier! A venti White Mocha for 5.50 euro (about $7.50) never tasted so good.

IMG_1605.jpg

Then to our hostel for a good night’s sleep, which was actually really great! It was located in Montmartre, next to Sacr� Coeur. So the next morning we woke up to a pretty decent breakfast including; un pain au chocolat, une baguette, un caf� au lait et une verre de jus d’orange, then we walked up to Sacr� Coeur. We had to create a game plan to get past the dozen men who try to sell you yarn bracelets.They will stop at anything to put a pice of string on your wrist and make you pay 5 euro for it. So the four of us basically charged through them and we successfully made it through.

The top of Sacr� Coeur is my favorite view of Paris. A beautiful skyline showing the outline of the city including the Eiffel Tower. It’s unreal.

IMG_1388.JPGMoments like these really make me appreciate having the chance to study in France and visit these amazing cities some people only dream about.

After a beautiful day in Montmartre I went to meet up with some friends I haven’t seen in over a year. It was a great reunion! I was staying with my friend Anas so it was great to meet his friends and see how the Parisians enjoy their life in Paris. Also a good opportunity to try out some of my new French considering the last time I was with them I didn’t know any French. However it was always easier to resort back to English, considering my French is at about kindergarden level.

I got to go back to the Eiffel Tower when the weather was nicer so we obviously had an awesome photo shoot.

1976919_10203415729900273_248384752_n.jpg

1897958_10203619144785062_439009651_n.jpg
We got to go all the way to the top! First we climbed to the second level then took an insanely crowded elevator to the top (not recommended if you are claustrophobic or afraid of heights). We finished the day with a visit to le Jardin des Tuileries, where we saw Elizabeth Berkley. Don’t know who that is? Do the names Zach, Jessie, A.C. Slater, Lisa, Kelly Kapowski and Screech ring a bell?.. no pun intended. Yes we successfully stalked Jessie from Saved by the Bell, her nanny and her infant son for a good hour. We decided not to intrude on her vacation with her son so we just watched her from afar. It was a beautiful day! 
Friday we went to Moulin Rouge, Notre Dame, and le Jardin du Luxembourg. Another gorgeous day, and another gorgeous Starbucks. This time a caramel frap. Miam! We also saw the famous le Pont de l’amour (the bride with all the locks). The tradition is to lock a lock on the bridge and throw the key into la seine so your love will stay in Paris forever. Lovers of all ages and nationalities come to this bridge to declare their love. A tradition I’ve always adored.
The beautiful weather continued into the weekend. We went to le Jardin des Tuileries where we enjoyed some cheap wine and lots of snacks in the sun. We topped off the day with a  delicious Moroccan dinner at fine lalla? (where’s grandma?). Then to a French house party and a cab ride home in a jaguar accompanied with candy. I love Paris!
Some beautiful people on a beautiful day! Sunday we went back to Tuileries to do same thing all over again.
Monday I went back to Montpellier to cram for my five exams. So cruel to have them right after break.
Paris, Je reviens!
Emily

Location: Paris, France

One thought on “Paris, je t’aime <3

1. LISA ANN SAMPSELL

It sounds like you are having an amazing time, Emily! That is SO funny that you stalked Jessie Spano. I probably would have done the same thing!

The weather looks warm and lovely where you are. Lucky you!

Lisa Sampsell, EA Records Specialist