Le Quotidien

I haven’t blogged in a few weeks. I apologize, but I honestly didn’t want to bore you with the day in and day out. I go to class, I run most days, I do work and go to the park in my free time, and I go to bars on the weekends. The weather here is right out of Sweeney Todd, but I shouldn’t complain because it’s not cold or snowing.

My new pal and I have taken to walking everywhere instead of taking public transportation, and I’ve found that this practice elevates my general morale. As I know I’ve mentioned before, men here (especially middle-aged) are shamelessly creepy and forward, treating each encounter like they’ve never seen a female before. But there’s security in numbers- so her company is extra comforting and appreciated.

As February comes to a close, we prepare for winter break, which lasts the first twenty days of March. Yes, there is also a spring break, in May, and a summer break, all summer. The French like to take their vacations like they take their carbohydrates- heavy and astonishingly frequent. A few friends from PSU and I are going on a eurotour! We will start in Barcelona, and then proceed to Dublin, Berlin, Amsterdam, and Lyon. I will return with tales to tell- for sure.

P.S. Photos! Because nobody would rather read than look at pictures…

277.jpg

^ Me peeping the Mediterranean Sea.

300.jpg

^ A bunch of pals and TJ’s French friend (only one wearing beanie). He’s cool, I like him. Photobombing onlookers are also pals intentionally making an appearance.

IMG_1220.jpg

^ The view from my window at midday. Beautiful architecture, lots of smog.

IMG_1248.JPG^ A very enthusiastic French student actively listening behind me in class. My orchid colored sweater. Boys don’t think that orchid is a color- but they’re wrong, it totally is.

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1257.JPG^ Outdoor flower market and some really adorable homeless woofs au Centreville.

IMG_1408.jpg

^ McFlurries taste like artisan ice cream here. As someone who doesn’t even eat McDonald’s at home, it says a lot that while I’m here I struggle not to get a McFlurry every single day.

IMG_1224.JPG

^ Absurdly gorgeous sunrise as I get my cardio in at Place de Peyrou.

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1556.JPGIMG_1350.jpgIMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

^ Snapshots of Marseille! Shoutout to Starbucks for never failing to provide liquid happiness to planet Earth.

Bisous,

RJB

Location: Montpellier, France