Long walks back in time, Second Week

This is what I saved from the second week abroad…

On Thursday (January 17), we left bright and early to Tarragona, another city of this beautiful country. It was the earliest I had been awake since I’ve arrived so no, I did not appreciate this trip one bit at first. Since I’ve gotten here, the way I eat, the amount I walk and the way I speak has changed but one thing hasn’t… the severity of car sickness on a darn bus. 

Any who, when we arrived we got a tour of the ancient city with so much architectural history. Nothing like America, that’s for sure. We saw the Amphitheater, which was used for entertainment and the roman circus, used for horse racing. It was so interesting that I even took notes… I have never been so intrigued by a long 2 hour tour with no water, food or breaks. (This explains the lazy American trait).

IMG_0291.jpg

(That is the amphitheater)

We were then taken to a monastery called Santes Creus, or Santa Cruz. I think you can imagine how the tour was just from hearing the word “monastery.” Only interesting thing I found out was that monks were only allowed to speak in this open room that purposely echoed and was cold so that they won’t whisper secrets nor spend too much time there. Honestly, the cold wouldn’t have stopped me. All those years and time without talking… I don’t understand. Also, the king was buried in this beautiful tub which was unfortunately too short for him. The tub was 50 meters long while he was 80 meters long. How did they fit him in there you ask? Well… *cringing at the moment* they snapped his ankles and basically broke them and folded his feet under his legs. Isn’t that just lovely? I am glad I am only 5’1– that wouldn’t be a problem. 

What a way to end the tour huh? 

I finally had this amazing dessert… churros (spanish doughnut) with hot chocolate. But not just any hot chocolate. (I am sorry Nestle, Nesquick and Swiss Miss). This is the best hot chocolate I have ever had. So creamy but extremely thick but incredibly chocolatey all at the same time (My dad will not appreciate this…he would probably predict the amount of pimples I will get next month because of this.) They serve you about 4 churros and a cup of hot chocolate and you dip the churros inside. HEAVEN ON A PLATE.

IMG_0338.jpg

Location: Barcelona, Spain

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on by .

About Amy Nicole

Yo me llamó Amy Ross. Estoy en mi último año de bachillerato en el colegio de comunicación. Mi carera es en periodismo de deportes. Yo soy del Bronx, New York y mi familia es de la Republica Dominicana. Me gusta ver y atender juegos de beisbol. Estoy cojiendo esta clase porque quisiera aprender mas de noticias y medios de comunicacion Hispana.