The Two Week Mark!

Today marks 2 weeks in the UK! I have attended a week and half of classes in Sussex, and so far I love it! They are a lot different than Penn State – much smaller! My professors are really friendly and so enthusiastic about their subjects.

The rest of my housemates have finally moved it, which is really exciting because I was afraid I was living in a silent house all term. Long story short, I live in a house with 11 other people who share two little kitchens and a double bathroom. Finding shelf and refrigerator space was a feat! Now that it’s all worked out we have all been getting to know each other and I have been playing video games with the guys. I’m actually pretty decent at Madden.

The past 2 weeks have consisted of more than just classes of course. I took part in a Harry Potter trivia night, but lost pretty badly. I signed up for multiple societies, including the tea society, and “read between the wines.” I went to a weekly farmers market they hold on campus for some fresh fruits and vegetables, and went to Brighton for some more shopping!

My friend Anny and I have compiled a bucket list since coming to England, and we completed a few tasks thus far, one of them was to eat at “eat.” It is basically a sandwich shop. Unfortunately they wanted to charge us more money to eat in their dining room so we decided to just take the sandwiches with us. It turned into one of the best decisions of the day. Four of us in total ended up going to the shoreline just in time for sunset. It was absolutely amazing. Words cannot even describe how beautiful of a sight it was! (Of course that was the one time I forgot my camera!)

Last Wednesday I went to a small Jazz club called Casablanca with a group of friends. It was so much fun! At this club, there is a live band that plays modern music along with some old school tracks. Everyone dances and has a great time. The clubs here are very different from home in that you get to just dance around and have your own space. I enjoyed that – gave me some room to bust a move! Casablanca.JPG

The thing I absolutely love about Brighton is that any time is a perfect time to head to the water. At 3 in the morning, it is acceptable to go down to the water and skip rocks or look out over the horizon at the boats. I feel so spoiled – I’m going to come home and expect to be able to go to the beach whenever I am bored and looking for something to do.

Well that’s all I have for now from Brighton – next blog is all about travels! Cheers!

Location: Europe