Marinating in Class

Guess where I am? Sitting in my French integrated African literature class. Why aren’t I listening? – Because my mind rejects that which is highly disorganized. The professor has been rattling off random historical facts for over an hour now, and my logic-hungry mind is struggling to engage. On the bright side- since I don’t have wifi on campus, I’ve been productive by reading every document that I saved to my desktop to address at a later date that I probably never would have gotten to otherwise. Continuing in the light of optimism – he hasn’t said a single thing that I can’t find on Google.fr in under 30 seconds. Technology, for the perpetual win (FTPW). You aren’t familiar with that acronym? I just made it up. Only one more hour to go!

Cheers,

RJB

Location: Montpellier, France

2 thoughts on “Marinating in Class

1. ROBYN JAEL BEHAR

Daniel,
    Be grateful for that orientation! I am most frustrated by my integrated classes because I truly don’t know what I should be doing and what I am supposed to be am responsible for. I guess we live in a world of extremes- redundancy or abandonment haha :).

2. DANIEL JOHN MARR

Robyn, I feel your pain. Sat through a sold 5 hours of orientation today and nothing was said that wasn’t highlighted in our guide book given to us several weeks ago that I have read cover to cover. Hope your situation improves!