Favorite week so far

So, this week went very well with my classes and this past Friday, we went to my favorite place in all of France:  Giverny!  Monet’s gardens are impossibly beautiful and are quite extensive.  The water lilies ponds are so peaceful and gorgeous, everyone wanted to stay for hours.  Yep, I know, we’re back to sideways pictures, but I just don’t know what is causing this…

Today, some friends and I visited the Rodin museum and took our time strolling through the gardens.  I love the way this part of the museum is set up because his sculptures are set up throughout the gardens/grounds and you just stroll along and, voila!  There’s the Thinker and Gates of Hell.  One of my favorite museums ever.

After the museum, we decided to go for some ice cream, which is the absolute best I have ever tasted in my life.  If you ever get to Paris or elsewhere in France where they have Berthillon ice cream, you have to try it; it will, literally (think Chris Traeger from Parks & Rec), change your life.  However, on the way for ice cream, we got sidetracked by the crepes cart outside of Notre Dame, so you guessed it, we just had to try it.  This is my nutella, banana and coconut crepe and it was roll-your-eyeballs-in-the-back-of-your-head good!

Well, time to study a bit more before bed.  We don’t have any scheduled trips or outings this week, but I’m thinking that I just might check out the roman baths and the ancient arenas.  And possibly, Napoleon’s tomb.  If anyone has any ideas about how I can fix my pictures, I welcome any and all advice.  Thanks a bunch and until next week…

Mary

Location: Paris, France

4 thoughts on “Favorite week so far

1. LISA ANN SAMPSELL

Mary, that crepe looks amazing! I’m inspired now to make one for myself. And, Parks and Rec is, literally……one of the best shows on T.V.!

2. IAN RICHARD BUTTON

Mary, your food shots look great! As a bit of a foodie myself, I have to ask what made the ice cream so good. Was it the consistency? How sweet was it? What flavor did you have?

Just the other week, I was in Hungary (of all places) and tried the best gelato I think I have ever had. One scoop of chocolate, one scoop of peanut butter. Just fantastic.

3. IAN RICHARD BUTTON

4. IAN RICHARD BUTTON