Airport Limbo

Departure Day

on the way to airport.jpg

on the way to airport2.jpg

You know, when people go abroad they often have concerns about the security and safety of their destination  I was one of these people…until trying to park at Newark Airport. I’m about 99.99999% sure that the most dangerous part of this experience is behind me. Good lord, deliver me from the evil that is airport traffic. In front of me now stretch large planes, long runways, and vast possibilities. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves though. Currently, I’m residing in travel limbo. Here the cuisine ranges from Cinnabon stands to McDonalds to high end oyster and sea food restaurants  You can buy ponchos, or designer suits. The variety is surprisingly wide. The seats are oddly comfortable. People of all different sizes, colors, and backgrounds roam through the wide walkways just trying to pass the time. Yes, despite our many differences we are all the same here, in this dimension known as the Airport Waiting Area.

at airport.jpg

So, what to do with two free hours? Read. Feed one-legged pigeons. Play pocket tanks. Reflect. Traveling is always a conflicting thing for me. I know deep down that I want to take the leap, see new places, experience different things. Nonetheless, up until the moment I step into the airport I feel a strange and lingering sadness to go. Do most people feel this same way? I think it’s just because my friends and family are too awesome;  it’s not so much the place, but rather the people I don’t want to leave. I think maybe that’s why I’m not excited to be going until I am nearly gone. But then the excitement takes over. I remember that i’ll be back. This experience is not forever, so I will cherish every moment, and bring back some really cool souvenirs.

Time to board the plane.

airplane.jpg

See you later ~ 

Sarah Tabaka

Location: Terminal C, Newark Airport, NJ

One thought on “Airport Limbo

1. STEPHANIE JEAN LAPPLE

Hey Sarah! I cannot believe you’re just leaving to study abroad and I have been here since December and am blogging about going home soon! Make to sure make this experience everything you can, it is all ahead of you.