London Calling

Last weekend I went to London with my friend Eden. We stayed with one of her family friends who live in a house in Notting Hill. It was really nice to be able to have that cozy feeling of being in a home. We went to Harrods, Portobello Market, the Globe, the Tate Modern, London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, Big Ben, Hyde Park, and watched a play at a new theatre by Notting Hill. We even rode the “tube”, which was a very efficient way to get around the city, which I felt was 10 times bigger than Amsterdam.

Notting Hill is a very nice part of London. It is residential, but very close to excellent restaurants, theatres, and shopping. I was glad we got to stay there and have such hospitable hosts.

The Portobello Market was my favorite part of the trip. My favorite thing to do in a new place is just to wander around and people watch. The market was full of life with all different types of vendors and live music. Eden and I got a little taste of British fashion and some excellent souvenirs.

IMG_2053.jpg

On our last day, we visited Abbey Road. We got to take the clich� (but awesome) picture of us waking across like the Beatles did. Wealso “graffitied” the studio wall, like so many others, and wrote our names.  We officially made our mark in London.

abbey road.jpg

It’s been a dream of mine to go to London because my Pop-pop used to go there all the time for business trips and I always wondered what it was like, and what he saw land loved about the city. I even recreated a picture taken of him in front of the Tower of London. Even though it was a great weekend, it didn’t feel like it was long enough.

poppoprecreation.jpg

Location: London, UK

One thought on “London Calling

1. STEPHANIE JEAN LAPPLE

Hey devon! I was excited to see you went to London because I was just recently there as well and had a fabulous time! Especially at Abbey Road, that was so fun for me to get a Beatles picture as well. I unfortunately did not get to experience the market like you did! I wish I would have known about it because it sounded like something I would have liked. I hope you are continuing to have a great semester!!