More Pictures, Free Hugs, Culinary Experiments & Chinese New Year

First thing first, since the clock has hit midnight in my lovely hometown, Shanghai, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR to all!!!!!!
‘Tis the beginning of the Snake Year! May all your wishes come true; may you be prosperous in whatever endeavor you’ll embark on and I wish you a happy, healthy year.
蛇年吉祥,万事如意,恭喜发财,年年有余!祝大家新年快乐,事业成功,学业进步,健康度过每一天!

My Facebook and Twitter feeds are filled with throwback-Thursday pictures of THON 2012 and snowy State College! It’s that time of the year again! Too bad I’ll have to miss the THON weekend this time around but I will try to tune in as much as possible. I’ll be sending love and positive energy your way, Penn State! Let’s beat cancer!

Okay, back to London. Last Saturday I went to give FREE hugs at Trafalgar Square with a friend. The organizer of the event is a community group called Focallocal (in conjunction with Couch Surfers). Since everybody got creative with their recycled paper/cardboard/shopping bag signs, the event turned out to be super green too 🙂

It was great hugging everybody! It felt wonderful to break the ice, get up-close and share a moment with so many city folks. Holding up a giant sign, standing/bouncing around a town square in the cold and jamming to whoever’s iPod reminded me of THON canning trips again!!
I would love to go to another Free Hug event again when the weather becomes nicer.    

Also I have been playing around with the kitchen and so far soups have worked very well for me (check out my recipe here: http://krazzykitty.tumblr.com/#42666827458).
But since Valentine’s Day is around the corner, I would love to get my paws on baking as well.

I’m so excited to visit the Chinatown in London aka. the largest Chinese community outside of China tomorrow! I heard it’s GREAT!

More pictures to follow (hopefully, if I don’t slack off).

Location: London, UK