2 months left

I can not believe that time is flyyyyyyyying by so quickly! I am right in the midst of all of my midterms and I have been extremely busy, but I am still trying to appreciate all of the beauty of where I am living. I have a really exciting new few weeks to look forward to: I am going to paris tomorrow for the weekend and then next thursday I leave for Morocco until Monday! I can’t believe I will be in 3 different countries and 2 different continents within the span on a week! That is something I can’t say very often! I am sooo excited!

I have really grown to love Granada so much! I am so lucky to be able to live here for 3 months. 3 months almost seems too short now that I am here. I really feel as if I am living a dream and I know once I wake up/go home I’m going to feel so numb and not realize that it’s over. I need more time to explore and to fully learn the spanish language. I am still struggling but I can’t expect myself to become fully fluent in 3 months, that almost seems impossible. I have definitely improved though. I can talk with ease to my host mom now, and I can pretty much understand everything that my teachers are saying. The first week my brain literally throbbed after a fully morning of classes from spanish overload. And the other day I was studying for an exam and writing my notes in spanish and my friend commented on how fast I was writing in spanish, she said it looked like I was writing in English. So I am so happy that I  am improving even though I’m not realizing it. 
I am loving this semester because this semester is filled with everything I love. Art, culture, food, drawing, traveling… It really is a dream/vacation..I really am indulging in all of my favorite things and I am so excited for what’s to come! 
I will write more when I have time! hasta luego

Location: granada

One thought on “2 months left

1. SHELBIE LEE MCCURDY

That’s great that you have adjusted well to the culture difference and the language barrier. I know I would have a truly difficult time with that. Enjoy the rest of your stay!