Rome e Pisa!

I was so excited to travel around to other countries that I did not spend much time traveling around Italy.  However, I did see Pisa, Rome, and Venice. 

Pisa:

Pisa is very tourist-y, but definitely somewhere you should go if you are spending a decent amount of time in Italy.  You obviously have to get the classic tourist picture “holding up” the Leaning Tower.  However, what they say about Pisa is true.  You could see the important part of Pisa and be ready to leave in about 3 hours.  I also recommend getting Pizza there, as I had one of the best Pizzas in Pisa.

pisa.jpg

pisa2.jpg

Rome:

I describe Rome as the New York and Florence as the Boston.  Rome is obviously a lot bigger, so it understandably dirtier and harder to get around.  We weren’t used to taking metros around the city, but in Rome it is a must.  We saw the Basilica, Coliseum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Pantheon.  The Coliseum is worth taking the time out to see.  The line is usually very long, but if you have a Roma Pass you can skip the line!  The Roma Pass is 25 euro and you can get free public transportation for 3 days, free admission to a few certain attractions (including the Coliseum), and you can skip lines.  So it may definitely be worth it to you, depending on what your plans are.  The Pantheon is cool too, especially if you are into architecture. The Basilica was one of my favorite things in Rome.  After seeing traveling to so many different European cities, it is fair to say that I have seen MANY churches.  The Basilica is one of the biggest and most impressive.  We climbed all the way up to get the view of Rome.  It was unreal.  I don’t have any good pictures of the inside of the church, because it was so big and dim that my little camera couldn’t handle it very well. 

rome.jpg

rome4.jpg

rome5.jpg

rome6.jpg

Overall, I liked Rome as far as visiting goes.  But, I am glad I chose Florence because I like the small city vibe it has. 

Location: Rome, Italy