London Calling

While procrastinating writing my own geoblog entries, I’ve been reading everyone else’s . Since there’s been a whole string of posts on London, I won’t bore you with all the details of my weekend trip. In two full days, Julianne, Dan, and I managed to see/tour/do:

• The British Library (which was unbelievably amazing! It had a great exhibition on books, “The Kings Library” which was a beautiful display of King George III’s collection of books, and an art exhibit on graphic novels and comics!)
  • London1.jpgLondon2.jpgA three hour walking tour, including but not restricted to: Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, and Trafalgar Square. (You believe me right? Ok good–I won’t post any photographic proof of these then.)
  • Ride the London Eye

London3.jpg

• Piccadilly Circus
  • Shop in Camden Market (where I got a cool British-looking scarf!)
  • Tower of London (which was also very amazing. So much history! Maybe 20 years isn’t so old in the grand scheme of things. & we saw the Crown Jewels! Didn’t steal them, or even try.)

London6.jpg

• Tower Bridge

London7.jpg

• National Gallery (where I saw me some fine Vincent van Gogh paintings.)

London4.jpg

• Ogle designer goods & people who can afford designer goods at Harrod’s

London5.jpg

It was a very cultured weekend (minus the trip to the M&M store)! It was also an intense experience of transportation (a bus, a plane, a train, the underground/metro, a bus to train to a plane, another bus!). The weekend was incredibly fun and I wish I could have stayed longer!

Location: London, United Kingdom