We Got It Good- 02/03/2012

So I’ve registered for classes and let me tell you it was an experience I do not wish to have again! I I’m trying not to compare UCT too much to Penn State but let me say we are BLESSED! First there is pre-registration where you have to bring in originals and copies of all your paperwork to be approved at three different states, meaning you have to stand in three different long lines! Finally the “capturer”, as they call it, types in your information at the end of the third line and gives you your approval paper for registration.  Then at registration you stand in another line to receive more paperwork only to sit in the longest line of them all to wait for the dean’s approval of your courses. After getting approved for your classes you then go to the capturer and they sign you up online for your classes. Then you’re registered! This process took place over a span of three days. After this experience it makes me realize how blessed and a little spoiled we are. When I thought of the fact that the education that we receive is benefiting I started to realize that we weren’t being tortured to stand in this line. It is for our own benefit that we were getting registered. We are privileged to be able to receive higher education and we shouldn’t whine about working for it.

Location: Cape Town, South Africa