Swiss Alps! Interlaken & Zurich

This past weekend I was in the BEAUTIFUL country of Switzerland.  In fact, beautiful is a understatement; these pictures don’t even do this place justice!  Switzerland is my favorite place I have visited thus far and I am confident that it will end up being my favorite place even at the end of my time in Europe.

interlaken.jpginterlaken1.jpg
The main place we visited was Interlaken.  It is a town surrounded by the Alps and between two breathtaking lakes- Lake Brienz and Lake Thun.  I was trying to find a way to describe this town when my friend from home described it perfectly.  She said it reminded her of “Whoville” from the Grinch!  We were told that the Ski slopes near Interlaken were the setting for one of the 007 movies, which is pretty cool.
interlaken2.jpg
There are so many reasons to love Switzerland.  For one, Swiss people are SO kind. They are the nicest people I’ve encountered since I’ve been in Europe and all of my roommates said the same thing.  Obviously, as you can tell from the pictures, it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.  It’s almost like a utopia you imagine when reading a book or something.  The only downside to Switzerland is that everything is EXPENSIVE.  We went to Zurich on Saturday and I got a medium hot chocolate at Starbucks for 7.90 Fr or 8.65 US dollars! CRAZY! Also, they do have Burger King, but a cheeseburger meal would run you about 12 Fr or 14 US dollars.  But, the pros of this country by far outweigh the cons.
Here are some pictures of Zurich:
zurich1.jpg
zurich2.jpg
zurich4.jpg
I saved the best for last! I went paragliding in Interlaken.  It was the coolest thing Ive ever done!  We had to jog off of a steep hill after driving up a mountain for about 20 minutes.  Take off was difficult but the views were amazing.  Here are some pics.
paragliding.jpg
paragliding2.jpg

Location: Interlaken, Switzerland