Packing for Down Under

I leave for Australia in two days and I am still not packed. I’m getting there, though!! At this point, I keep putting things in my bag, deciding I don’t need them, taking them out, thinking about it, and then putting them back in. Its driving my sister absolutely barmy (new favorite word), since I’m using her room as my packing space.  The only things I have packed for sure are some cute shoes (which my fashion-forward father says I don’t need), my climbing gear, and my dive gear.  It’s socially acceptable to walk around campus dressed in a bathing suit and climbing shoes, right? Actually, walking around in my climbing shoes would ruin them, so I guess I’ll be wandering around in my bathing suit, which is apparently called “togs” in Australia (that just makes me think of wearing clogs as clothes, a la Lady Gaga), and some nice flats.  I should stop writing this blog entry and just pack already, but its much more entertaining to procrastinate.  What can I say, I work best under pressure. 

In other news, its finally started to hit me that I will not see my family for FIVE MONTHS.  The longest I’ve gone without seeing my dad has been two months, so this will definitely be a change.  I know I’ll miss them, but I feel like it’ll be a good learning experience.  I’ll miss my dog a LOT though. He’s almost fifteen, (105 in dog years), so I’m hoping he’ll be here when I get back.  I just wish I could bring him along!

Location: Mechanicsburg, PA

2 thoughts on “Packing for Down Under

1. KELSEY E ROBB

Make sure you pack basic staples! I don’t know what it’s like in Australia, but in France it’s all about the solid colors (with some stripes) and that’s about it. Just to keep in mind!
    I’ve already been in France for a month (woah!) but I’ll be here for another 4 as well. My dog is just about to turn 13, so I feel the same way you do. But don’t forget you can see him when you video chat with your family! 🙂

Good luck packing!

2. Taylor Leigh

Beautiful pictures. The underwater statue is very interesting. Nice touch to add the story behind it, too.