I made it! First impressions of Florence.

firenze2.jpgI still have a hard time comprehending that I’m actually here! It has been an amazing two days so far.  My apartment is really nice and right downtown as it takes about 30 seconds to walk to the Duomo.  In fact, I took this picture from one of our bedrooms. Amazing, right?!  duomo.jpg

Florence is a busy place with tons of shopping, crazy cab drivers, and locals riding vespas.  Everything here has character, even the most basic of things.  Houses have beautiful stone with different colored shutters and buildings have intricate crests and statues with amazing detail.
I know I’ve only been here a few days, but I have to say, the language barrier hasn’t frustrated me much.  Of course some have heavy accents and it can be difficult to understand, but I like hearing a different language around me.  The ironic thing is is that the little random differences are the hard things to get used to.  For instance, in America we are very liberal with our use of utilities and energy.  Here they only turn on the heat occasionally, so it gets cold in our apartment!  Also, towels here are very small! I didn’t pack any, so I went to the store to get some and they are all tiny!  It’s funny that the small peculiar things are the hardest things to get used to! I love it here so far, so I’ll post some more pics and keep you posted!!
XOXO,
Bri
florenceriver.jpgduomo2.jpg

Location: Florence, Italy