Ciao dall’Italia – Videoblog 1

CI SONO TANTI SBAGLI.
THERE ARE SO MANY MISTAKES.
Haha, I guess you won’t be able to tell… Anyway, it took a lot of time to film, edit, and upload this thing, not to mention that it turned out a lot longer than I expected, so I don’t know how often I’ll be doing this. I’m still hoping for once a week and that I’ll just get more efficient at it (plus when/if my speaking ability improves, it’ll be smoother), but we’ll just have to see.
I know I said I was going to post the text to the videoblog, but I just don’t feel like doing that right now. It’ll take a long time. Hopefully I’ll get around to it at some point.
I edited out my pauses and mistakes just using jump cuts. Hope that’s okay.
Well, I hope you enjoy! Again, if you don’t have a Penn State account, you can leave comments on the YouTube video itself.

Location: Via Pinturicchio, Perugia, Italia

3 thoughts on “Ciao dall’Italia – Videoblog 1

1. JULIA V SCHRANK

…So I can totally understand you without subtitles! But it’s so confusing, because the Spanish side and the French side of my brain light up in alternating flashes, making it a bit headachy.

I can tell it took you FOREVER to make this, especially having to subtitle yourself, and I only noticed like once or twice where you said something that wasn’t in the subtitles (I understood it, though!). I think it’s cool that you’re probably going to use parts of this for your thesis!

Okay, so a few specific comments:

1) I DIED when you threw the exam back…PERFECT editing!

2) The underwear ad is hilarious, but not altogether uncommon. When I used to read Vogue, I saw this sort of thing all the time. Additionally, you may know that Intimissimi is the Italian equivalent of Victoria’s Secret, so much so that the two brands had a (failed…I guess Americans didn’t like the more demure aesthetic?) collaboration a few years ago. So it doesn’t surprise me that they make rather questionable ads!

3) How are you SURVIVING in such a cold apartment? I mean, I appreciate that it’s all green and everything, but that must be awful sometimes! The apartment is lovely, though, and way better than anything you’d find back in State College! And the view is indeed everyone’s vision of Italy; I can’t believe it’s so sunny even in the winter!

4) When you speak Italian, your voice is like three pitches higher! I know mine goes up for French and down for Spanish, so it’s not that surprising, but I wanted to know if you noticed that. I think the sounds in Italian just lend themselves to a higher register!

Once again, this is such a neat idea and I think you’ll be so thankful you did this when you’re looking back. It’s also nice to see you; I miss you so much, but at the same time, I’m glad you’re having fun and learning a lot!

Ciao!
    -Julia

2. JULIA V SCHRANK

Okay, so a few specific comments:

Ciao!
    -Julia

3. JULIA V SCHRANK

Okay, so a few specific comments:

Ciao!
    -Julia